Our client, a global investment bank, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Regulatory Reporting SME to join the Regulatory Operations Assurance function within Operations. The main focus of the role is to manage and own the governance and control of all regulatory reporting changes, to ensure that all changes do not negatively impact the ‘completeness’ and ‘accuracy’ of trade & transaction reporting.
The role involves setting up and implementing a robust governance and control framework focussing on providing the appropriate assurance to ensure that ‘production changes’ do not negatively impact regulatory trade/transaction reporting. This includes taking ownership/signoff of any fixes/implementations on behalf of Operations, checking and validating changes from a regulatory perspective and assisting with the UAT testing process and signoff.
The candidate would need strong regulatory reporting ‘hands on’ knowledge across a number of regulatory reporting regimes with experience of ‘best practice’ in governance and controls in a regulatory reporting environment.
To be the Operations regulatory reporting delivery ‘gatekeeper’ by defining and implementing the necessary governance and controls to ensure the firm maintains its regulatory reporting obligations when implementing change.
This would include:
- Define and implement a governance & control framework around ‘Change’ to ensure production changes do not impact regulatory trade & transaction reporting.
- Ensure all changes that could impact regulatory reporting obligations follow the defined governance & control framework.
- Work closely with Change, Technology, Compliance and other areas within Operations to ensure all Regulatory reporting deliverables are implemented accurately across all regimes and at the appropriate priority.
- Implement ’best practices’ in terms of validating current regulatory reporting requirements and ensure future reporting requirements and changes adhere to these ‘best practices’.
- Assist with the UAT process and testing of changes that impact regulatory reporting and provide the appropriate signoff for Operations.
- Define and template appropriate tests strategies & test cases required to detect issues of under-reporting, over-reporting and miss-reporting.
- Understanding the current regulatory reporting governance, controls and architecture in place at MUFG [Front to Back]
- Build and roll out appropriate MI to provide impactful and concise information as to the status of regulatory change.
Skills and experience:
- Strong working understanding of reporting requirements primarily under MiFID II, EMIR, CFTC and knowledge of ASICS and HKMA and CSA as secondary.
- Good product knowledge across Equities, Bonds, ETD’s and OTC derivatives.
- Effective at network building and forming relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in matrix structure and to leverage the input / engagement of colleagues in other departments
- Strong functional knowledge of operations and trade life cycles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with core Microsoft desktop software
Preferred additional skills / experience:
- Bloomberg / Fidessa / Murex knowledge/experience
- Technical background that could help interrogate Trade messages and/or data such as XML.
- Knowledge of APA/ARM software for transaction reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment