Our Client is a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology.
You will be responsible for managing a Relationship Management group within our clients Global Fund Services (GFS) business. This will involve staff management and career development of a team of approx. 8, and as the leader enhancing the teams culture and performance objectives. You will allocate client accounts to relationship managers according to client needs whilst actively interacting across these client groups, to ensure service standards are maintained and key deliverables are met.
1. Manages a Global Fund Services relationship management unit or function. Conducts the performance management process, identifies training and development needs, and establishes performance standards for the unit.
2. Determines staffing needs, makes hiring and firing decisions, handles salary administration, and ensures resources are available to accomplish priorities.
3. Allocates client accounts to relationship managers according to client needs. Maintains communication with sales staff to anticipate needs effectively and provide support when needed.
4. Prepares and analyzes consolidated quarterly reports on new business progress for the unit and presents results to senior management.
5. Oversees client profitability. Understands competitive environment and anticipates and identifies opportunities for cross selling, develops pricing strategies, and works with the unit to enhance profitability.
6. Seasoned multi-disciplinary expert with extensive technical and / or business knowledge and functional expertise.
7. Focus of role is on execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
8. Carries out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and/or ambiguous issues.
9. Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
10. Develops periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
11. Provides input and support to budget management process
12. Provides leadership and guidance to staff, fostering an environment that encourages employee participation, teamwork, and communication.
• A College or University degree and/or relevant proven work experience is preferred
• Related Industry qualification is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge is required
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change
• Technical skills / systems knowledge is required
• Leadership and organizational skills are required to determine the Business Unit’s goals, resources needed, and to assess and develop the skills of staff.