Our client currently has a requirement for a Senior Project Manager role within its OpenConnect Hospitality function. The purpose of the role is to enable our client to define and deliver multiple complex hospitality projects through a well-defined process of quality-controlled stages to demanding time schedules and within strict budget constraints.
The Project Manager’s responsibility will be to deliver projects in conjunction with external clients and partners and internal stakeholders such as Sales, IT, Finance, Operations and Senior Management. This demanding role requires a candidate with Hospitality industry experience, focus and a solid client facing, commercially oriented ethos with an emphasis on delivery, customer service and innovation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating resourcing and delivery with Internal and External stakeholders for multiple Hospitality projects running concurrently to meet project deadlines.
- Taking a lead role in facilitating project workshops to understand and scope requirements and to clearly articulate the breadth and depth of our service and delivery capabilities.
- Preparation of key Project Documents, including client facing documentation, Risks and Issues Logs and Project Plans.
- Managing relationships with our clients Customers and third party project teams throughout the life cycle of the projects.
- Liaising with third party suppliers and partners and management of their deliverables.
- Providing Sales Support (incl. RFP Preparation, Demonstrations, Presentations) to key prospects as part of the Sales process.
- Providing relevant input to contracts and reviewing contract detail.
- Keep senior management and key stakeholders informed of project(s) status and escalating issues when they impact timeline, scope, quality or budget.
- Report the progress of all projects at regular intervals to the Head of Product and Operations Delivery.
- Conduct and drive retrospectives and lessons learnt from projects to deliver tangible improvements in our clients products and services.
- A primary degree in IT or a related discipline is required. A post graduate qualification in Project Management or an MBA (or equivalent) is an advantage.
- Project Management Process Knowledge is required.
- A Project Management Qualification – Prince 2 Practitioner or PMP is a distinct advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar Project Management role within the Hotel/Gaming Industry, ideally with exposure to IT/Technology.
- A proven ability to deliver highly visible and business critical projects on time and within budget.
- Proven track record of success as a Senior Project Manager coupled with strong relationship building skills, including written, face-to-face and remote (conference call/phone based).
- Have a thorough and practical understanding of project lifecycles and the delivery of parallel crossfunctional projects.
- Experience in the management of Internal and External Suppliers.
- Knowledge of Hotel Property Management systems (e.g. Oracle OPI / Fidelio / Simphony) is required
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Project and MS-Office Professional suite of products, including PowerPoint and Visio.
- Knowledge of the Payments / Fintech industries is a distinct advantage
Successful candidate is likely to be
- Experienced in managing large scale IT projects for Hotel/Gaming Industry.
- Strong knowledge in Hotel/Casino Industry standards and practices, particularly in Payments.
- A knowledge of IT platforms and systems, particularly in the Hotel sector
- Keen business acumen.
- Ability to prioritize and to remain results orientated.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and often under pressure to demanding timelines occasionally requiring work after normal hours.
- Ability to direct and supervise work of others and operate in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel and to be based abroad temporarily for the definition, implementation and hand-over phases of projects.